Yes, it's been busier than normal, because we've added another project in our lives that is taking up our evenings. Literally, this is the first time I think I've got on blogs in quite a while. I think I started going down my blog list the other day, trying to catch up and it just didn't happen.
Okay, everyone else has done their "new years resolutions" and I haven't done jack squat. So, here goes. It's a rough idea of some of the things I want to accomplish this year. More times than not, resolutions get broken, so I'm not going to put anything down I don't think I'll accomplish. In no particular order.
* Eat better. I need to for my daughter's sake and for mine. This is more veggies and fruits. No approach that is all or nothing - all in moderation.
* Loose weight. I am fit, but I am not where I want to be. Small goals, though. Nothing drastic or unattainable.
* Exercise more consistently. I will exercise 4-6 days a week for 2 or 3 months, then slack off for a month. This isn't consistent. I want to work out, whether it be running, cycling, swimming, pilates, core, or stretching routine - 5 days a week.
* Drink more water. I used to be a water only drinker. But after I got pregnant, I was turned off by water and I never regained that desire to drink water only. It's cleaner, and I always felt better when having water, not sweet tea with my meals.
* Read my Bible. We, at Church, are diving in deep to the book of Luke and I want to really challenge myself to read more about God.
* Floss more.
* Set a good example for Grace. This is broad, I know. But, changing small things about myself that will better instill in her to be a good, decent, caring, considerate person. Example: Quit calling the high schoolers next to where we live names. I'm convinced they sleep through all driving courses AND their parents don't teach them either to read, or common courtesy - that when a sign says "Do not block entrance", that means "do NOT block entrance". I then call them stupid idiots, in which my 3yr old says "That's right you stupid idiots".
* Always have a goal in all areas to keep me motivated.
In other news:
Since the beginning of the year, I haven't ran ----- Until yesterday! Finally, you say?
I know. I know.
Let's just say our evenings had been super busy and left no time to run.
6 miles - done
We are super excited to go to Phoenix this weekend for the RnR Half Marathon!!! I really don't think I'm ready physically for it, but I'll do it - nonetheless cause I'll be with a bunch of great gals to run this with me. Just 2 more days.
Oh, BTW Lisa and Lori - I'll probably be drunk when I arrive in Phoenix. I hate to fly, so I need something to make me more comfortable.