Back in the pool... Nice slow saturday -- Ahhh....

David mentions on his blog today about his new shoes. He was sitting on the couch with his sleepy-time shorts, and new shoes on. I know he was secretly enjoying them. I think that deep inside, David actually likes running... The camera just happened to be in reach and I snapped this.

So, both David and I won Rock/paper/scissors and we BOTH went swimming today. He decided to wake up and NOT go on the group ride he planned, so after breakfast and some time for the food to settle, I took off to the gym. It was nice... for some reason the water was so warm today. Not too many people there, so I had the luxury of taking my time and for the 1st time, NOT worrying about hurrying back to work. I rush so much to get back when I swim at lunch.


Swim 1000yds - 29:47; 1st 500 (14:27); 2nd 500 Drills (15:20)
I started out doing fine, just getting the distance down, not worrying about pace at all. I still have a long way to go, but at times I feel confident in my stroke, breathing, and kicks. After my initial 500yds, I did drills for the remainder 500, which included kicking drills with the board, arm drills, watching my breathing while using the pull buoy, etc. At 30 min, I stopped and wasn't that long-winded. With time, I know I will get better.

We had a great afternoon together. Here's some pics of Grace today. Dancing in the road...


She's got crazy hair like me...


Dancing in "Total Wine"...


When we got home this evening, Grace had fallen asleep. We thought we'd bring her in and her wake up. She didn't get a nap today, and it was too late for her to take one, so we normally wake her up. Nope, we wanted the silence in the house - wanted to watch reruns of "The Office" in our PJ's, and drink glass, after glass of vino while eating nerds. Yep! What have our lives come to...? Are we bad parents... she's still knocked out on the floor still in her jeans. It's 10:35pm.

BTW, Great Props go to Marcy and her first 5K. She did fantastic!!! even though she swore under her breath 374,983,537,563,456,385,635,638, many times!

My pal, Robin will be doing her first Ultra run tomorrow of 50K (somewhere around 31 miles?)... Too crazy for me! But, I look up to her and her dedication. She's put in the time, and the hard work and will do extremely well tomorrow! Can't wait to hear from her after the race!

Rock on peeps

8 comments:

Ashli said...

Wow, Grace's hair has gotten so long!!!!! Man, I can't believe how much she's grown. We need to get the girls together and take them to the park. They would have a blast. OR the daddies could keep the girls..and the big girls could go out for a little bit! :o)

David said...

Damn, my legs are freakin HOT! LOL

Thank goodness Grace gets her looks from her mom, 'cause she gets her MaD dAnCiN sKiLz from me. Yikes!

J~Mom said...

Oh my gosh you and David are both crack ups today!!

If drinking wine and eating nerds keeps you sane one day of the year then by all means go for it. :>)

Nice job swimming!

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO HAHAHHAAAAA You've gotta do, what you've gotta do with these kids. I would entertain a party around a sleeping toddler on the floor if she'd stay there.

You're lucky, at least Grace allows little pony tails. Mine won't go for it, she walks around looking like a crazy ass clown 99% of the time :-X

Nice job with the swim :)

Thanks for the props :) I appreciate it! I also can't wait to see how Robin came along with her 50K! I'll probably be the one hitting refresh on her blog today LOL (yes, this IS what our lives become when you have kids hehe)

Tiffany said...

Hey, I dance in Total Wine too! I will have to try her moves.

Geez I feel like I haven't done a race in sooo long after reading this.... booo

Wes said...

I'm with Gracie. Dance, dance, dance :-) But usually after I've had the wine! LOL. Nice job on the swim! You will keep getting better and better.

Gotta Run..... said...

Grace is a happy little girl because her parents are AWESOME!!

Thanks for alll your support Mendy. Both you and David rock!!

Glad you settled rock,paper,scirrors and both won. that could have gotten nasty :).

Unknown said...

Good job with the swim. You are right, it does get easier the more you do it.