Easter weekend

We had a great weekend!

Saturday morning we had breakfast at Cracker Barrel with family. Yum-O.


Our Easter, as always was a fun time. We went to Church and even had my brother and his girlfriend attend. Service was great, then we took the country road trip to my Aunt's (only about 20 miles away), but feels like eternity sometimes. I had went up there twice this weekend. Grace and her 2nd cousins did some egg hunting, and we all ate WAY too much!

Tyler, Grace, and Colby




Apparently, she wore herself out.


I didn't get in ANY workouts this weekend. Friday, I did go to the pool for a 100yd repeats, and it was quite a struggle. Especially since the kids that were swimming in the large open area of the pool kept bouncing their beach ball in my lane. It wasn't that bad, until the kid would get in my lane while I was swimming a lap and prevent me from continuing . He really could have waited until I passed it. I had to stop and he says "oh, I'm sorry" - and stood there. Yeah, get the ball and move, please. Then, it happened about 3/4 more times.

Swim 1000 yds - 23:18 (2m 20s /100yd)

Since I was a lazy bum with workouts Sat and Sun, I felt the need to get back in the grind yesterday. I know I needed to swim, but I know my swims lately have left me with little energy the rest of the day, and since I know I NEEDED a run, I decided to skip the swim yesterday and go for my run last night. It's crazy, just the other day I was wearing a T-shirt and shorts, and yesterday it was tights, long-sleeves, and headpiece to cover my ears. It was a bit windy (~15mph) and I did hill repeats (sort of). It's a long uphill of about .75 mile, and I did the entire loop 3 times.

Run 6.2 miles - 1:05:51

On my next run (shorter distance), I'm gonna work on what Ashley left in my last post. She told me to do some fartleks. I know I need to do this, but have been reluctant because of the left leg pain I get when I run. I'll do a 3 or 4 miler tomorrow, try to run a flat course and work on it some. So, thanks for the advice! In my blog, advice is always welcomed with open arms!

As if I didn't have enough on my plate these days, I signed up for another college class that started yesterday, so blogging may take a small back seat at times. I'm gonna try to read and catch up with you all today.

Today for lunch is swimming, for sure, even though this is how I feel.

13 comments:

RunnerGirl said...

Love the pictures!

Ashley said...

What a beautiful family! Great Easter Pics. Glad to hear you're going to try the pick ups... just have fun with it - something different (rather than just running X miles, or for X amount of time). You might surprise yourself! Fyi, I'll be at the G'ville High track after work (today) if you're interested in running there (flat). email along4uga at yahoo dot com

Lily on the Road said...

Nice Easter pictures, looks like Grace had fun!!

Mixing it up helps...I pick a route that I know really well and between sign posts or street lights I run quickly then go back to a slower tempo and then speed up again, just mix it up...have fun!

Viv said...

Sweet Easter pictures and beautiful family! I loved the Cracker Barrel pic! Now I want cracker Barrel...LOL! I never thought of swimming being the cause to my tiredness the rest of the day. it make total sense now. I am glad you had a great fun weekend. Woman, how are you going to squeeze college class on your plate :-O Now I have no excuses if you can do all you do there is no excuse for me :-) Great hilly run & fantastic timeage in the pool even with the interuption. The wetsuit is really gonna rock you world. For me at least it is hard to keep my legs from dragging when I get tired and this just floats me right up.

Wes said...

Awwww... Don't make Grace pout :-) Great pics and an obviously happy weekend!!

I was doing laps one time when a aquarobics class was going on, and these chicks just came and got in my lane (they weren't participating). I basically just kept swimming right on top of them. They eventually got the message and left :-)

Eric said...

What a good-looking family! Love that last pic of Grace! Keep up the hard work and it WILL pay off. See you guys soon!

sunshine said...

She is SO DARN CUTE!!!!!

Marcy said...

You are so cute! You don't need to apologize for not commenting on my blog! LOL, you silly I know you're busy! Peeps have lives ya know :P

Looks like a fantastic weekend! You look awesome! Gosh, who would've thought that David could clean up real nice :P LOL JK!! Grace looks as cute as ever :-)

J~Mom said...

I love the pics!! The first one especially! :>)

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful pictures. I love Cracker Barrel, too!

teacherwoman said...

love all the pics! I didn't do much over easter weekend for workouts, either!

Nancy said...

ohhhh, adorable!! Glad you had a good Easter. I've been doing the family thing too and trying to catch up now. Good luck with the swimming.

Jess said...

Lots of great pics! I love Grace in that stylish hat she has. I want one of my own!