Newness

New shoes (Mizuno wave elixir)


New playlist
Very cool to have different songs on my ipod. I haven't changed it in probably a year. Yikes...

oh, new running socks (thank you, Tar-get)

New fresh feeling

Tonight, I had my run and I gotta tell you, there's something about running in the cool temps and in the dark. When I stepped out, it was still a little light outside, but that changed quickly. I should have been wearing my reflective vests. I even had to wear my gloves as it was chilly. No spectacular pace, I enjoyed the rhythm I set and got comfortable in it. So much so, that the scheduled 5 miles was just too little to do tonight considering how I was feeling.

6.45 miles

Nice! I had some leg pain, but wasn't nearly as bad and I really focused on running form. I felt I could have kept going, but needed to get back, plus just wasn't really setup for a longer run. I had very little water this afternoon and no calories in me to make it past 7 miles.

Sunday, I will do a 7 mile run. I'll keep on climbing in mileage on my way up to my 2nd Half-Marathon! :-)

Have a wonderful weekend! Lisa has a 10K this weekend Wes has a 10 miler. Good luck, Ya'll and have fun! I know you'll both do great!!

7 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Hey Mendy...nice on the "3 NEWS" kicks, socks & tunes, what else do we need :-) oh maybe some more water -lol

Great run today & Enjoy ur Sunday run tooo!!

David said...

I knew when you walked in with a smile that it was a great run for you, and I'm very happy to hear it! It's about time you felt satisfied by a run. Mechanics play into running more than we often give credit to. Keep it up, and get on that...oh, which was it?...that half marathon...
;-)

Marcy said...

Sweet kicks!!

Oooo Mendy have you tried the Target socks before? Let me know how you dig em. I was debating picking them up or not. I get weird sometimes about changing things that I know work LOL

LMAO, I haven't changed my playlist since the summer so I'm right there with ya LOL! I guess if I was running everyday it would get old but since I'm a mostly a 3 day a weeker it's still good hehe.

Awesome job on the run!! ;D ;D

Jess said...

Oh! Pretty new shoes! Nice job on the run.

J~Mom said...

Very cool!! Love the new shoes! Let me know how they do!

Thanks for the shout out, that was nice!! :>) I don't know about this 10K thing...it's just a little too long for me to try to turn on the speed jets. LOL

sunshine said...

So glad you enjoyed your run! A nice cool run is so refreshing, isn't it?

teacherwoman said...

Nice job, Mendy!!! Love the new shoes as well!

I need to switch out my songs on my ipod...but am running low on good tunes for running... if you have a few that you absolutely love, let me know! I Would love to add to mine!