Wine is my therapy


David and I have been collecting/sampling wine for several years. We've been going to Northampton Wines since we've discovered the enjoyment of wine. In fact, we were regulars once a week, for a while before Grace was born - and even while I was preggers. You ought to have seen me, all 63 extra lbs of me, drinking a non-alcolholic beer sitting at the bar in the upscale wine cafe in a glass - and getting TONS of stares from the snobbys.

Anyway, we kept going when Grace was an infant, and when she was crawling, etc. Well, until she started roaming the place and making Richard nervous (he's one of the owners). Richard knew we would watch her carefully and knows us pretty well. So, Grace is almost 2 1/2 now, and most of the time the only chance we go is when she's at Grandma's. So, we take full advantage of it. And, we did tonight... Now, I must say - David and I love Fine wine. We drink it for enjoyment and to try to figure out what it's nose is like/what tastes come of it. We're not the drunk types. We don't drink crap wine (not worth our money)... we like to smell it, taste it, enjoy it. And, we're lucky enough, that every time we go in NH, we seem to get to taste some really fine wine!(not on our dime - :-) Tonight was no exception...
So, after several glasses of wine, David and I returned home - got our stupid uniforms ready for reserves tomorrow, and we're sitting on our porch in long PJ's with both our laptops enjoying wine (good daily wine D'Arenberg - Footbolt Shiraz), and an (ok) cigar, and reading YOUR blogs. Hehe.

We have reserves and a triathlon for David in Columbia, SC on sunday!!! Sure, we'll be getting online at some point.

My leg is feeling better, still tight and I have a massage appt on monday at 11:00 (with no happy ending).

Have a wonderful weekend and good luck to all you out there that have races, (I stole this from Marcy!). Seriously, have a blast!!!!

7 comments:

David said...

That's right; you know where to get your happy ending! ;-)

Marcy said...

Wine snob!!! LOL Just kidding!!! That's GREAT that you guys got to go out! I hear you on the kids putting a temporary hold on things. Same way here, we only go out if the kids are at Granny's. That's why I prefer to drink hard liquor straight out the bottle like a wino so I can get my buzz on faster before the kids get home (totally kidding!) Time is limited, right? :P Sounds like you had a nice relaxing night!! I'm jealous!!

I hope that appointment goes good!! ROFLMAO I love how you stuck in there "with no happy ending" HAHAHHAAAA

Marcy said...

Oops I forgot to add . . . . CONGRATS on the weight loss!! I see your numbers have dropped ;D ;D

Neese said...

sounds like a nice evening! I've heard of NH, but have never been there, will have to put it on that "to-do" list, happy weekend!

Tiffany said...

Come on down to Chaaaaarleston!! We can enjoy some nice vintage and smoke a ceeee-gar!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Wow...can't see you with a fine cigar....but maybe it goes with the fine wine....sounds like an excellent way to unwind and relax...
Way to go on the weight loss...I need to take lessons...I'm needing to get back on track at WW and get rid of my last 30 pounds before my HM in October.

rxervin said...

You guys are so funny. I can just picture you on the deck with your stogies. (sp?)
I know how you feel... we get to go out without Josie this Saturday for the first time in two months!