Merry Christmas!

It's been a busy time lately, but nice as well. I haven't run much lately, but it's all good. I'm okay with the lack of running. I did have a 7 miler on Friday that went fantastically. I felt great the entire run, even with 19mph winds and 45 degrees. With all the family get-together's and getting ready for Christmas, I skipped my 10 mile run this weekend, but could care less. There's a lot going on.

We have already had 2 family gatherings. Yesterday we went to my Aunt's house (we usually go there on Christmas Eve-Eve) to have dinner and exchange gifts, but since my cousin, Rob, (wife) Roxanne and baby Josie were in town, we got together yesterday. After all the excellent food, and wonderful time seeing what everyone got, the kids (Grace, and 2nd cousins), were tired and retired to watch a movie.


Today, we had Christmas lunch at my Grandma's. It's been a sad time in that house lately with a lot of family stuff going on, but we made the best of it, and I was happy to be there seeing family I don't see often. Everything Grace got was Dora related. She couldn't have been happier.

Grace w/Great Grandma


Grace and my brother


After Grandma's extravaganza, we went to our Christmas Eve service. We are usually at my Aunt's house on the Eve of Christmas Eve, so this was a treat to be able to attend the service. Chris Sligh was back in town for vacation, and graced us with his wonderful voice again at the service. It was an intimate, beautiful service.

Tonight, Grace went to sleep early (well, early for her), and we got to, for the first year, get something ready for her to wake up to tomorrow. She's 3 (in a week), and she's finally getting the whole Christmas/Santa thing. So, she'll come downstairs to her first very own pink kitchen tomorrow and we can't wait to see her face. I'm really excited. It really is all about the kids, and not just mine. I enjoyed and got a kick out of seeing all the children in my family open their gifts. They are such a joy to watch!

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!!

8 comments:

J~Mom said...

Sounds just wonderful!! To me one of the absolute best moments of being a mommy are the first few minutes on Christmas morning.

Merry Christmas to you all!!

David said...

It has been a great Christmas so far! I just hope Santa brings you a really nice Dooney and Bourke purse (the size of a duffle bag.) Woops, did I give it away? Ah well, you're in bed now. ;-)

Merry Chrismas, my wonderful wife!

Gotta Run..... said...

grace is going to have a blast this Christmas!! You is at the perfect age.

Enjoy your moments!! They are precious.

Wes said...

Merry Christmas, Mendy, David, and Grace!!!

Jess said...

Wow, Grace really looks JUST like you!

Hope you had a great holiday!

Marcy said...

Awwwwhhhh how cute!! ;D ;D I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!!

You're in good company, I have not done any workouts either the past couple days. Oh well, there has just been too much stuff to do. I consider it my Christmas present to myself LOL

3 years old is an awesome time for the kiddies with Christmas :-) I hope Miss Grace had fun! Oh and speaking of which, I got your Christmas card, TOO CUTE!!

teacherwoman said...

Merry Christmas to you, David, and Grace. Sounds like it was wonderful!

Nancy said...

Thanks so much for your comments! I'm going to try to get off my butt tomorrow and do some running.

Grace is such a cutey, hope she liked the kitchen. Our kids are starting to get it too, but got up and sort of forgot to go look at what Santa left.

Hope you are feeling better by now. Thanks again for making me feel better. :) Happy New Year!