Lovin' NY


As some of you know, I'm in NYC with 3 others from my reserve center. All of them are good guys, cool to hang out with. Here we are on our 2nd night in town hanging out after dinner.

It's sat evening about 9:24, and I'm beat, sitting here in bed just relaxing. We had a long night last night. It started with a nice train ride to Penn Station, a tapped stella at a bar across from Madison Square Garden and a wonderful dinner at Carmine's with 13 others squids (Sailors).


We went to a couple of local bars in the village, and took off to Penn station for our train ride back to the car. Shortly, we realized that something was going wrong with the train, and instead of a 1:00am ish ride, we were delayed until 4:19am. What a joke? We were sooooo tired, so the 3 of us sat down on the street across from Penn just waiting it out. We boarded, and only ended up in another town to have to get back off the train for tracks repair, to get on a bus, then another train. So, after the long night we got back to our rooms at 6:00am this morning. I was a tired monkey.....

Today after getting up late, we toured the city all day! Such a BIG city!!! I really like it.

I've been trying to keep up with some sort of fitness while here even if it means crunches and yoga in my room. Monday I did 20min on stationary bike/3 miles running. Tuesday and Wed I did nada. Thursday, I went for a 4 mile run and friday I did 30min/elliptical and 3x12 squats and lunges w/weights. I hope to get in some pilates in the morning, and another run before laundry time. We're going back to the city to do some tours of museums and such.

I'm tired now, and will be turning in shortly. Have a wonderful remaining of the weekend, Ya'll....

12 comments:

Neese said...

how fun!! :)
happy travels back to ol' Greenville.

Jess said...

Glad you're having fun while visiting the Big Apple!

J~Mom said...

I am sooo jealous!!! Looks like some fun!! Will David be jealous?

Nikki said...

Awh..that WAS a long day getting back to the hotel! GEEESH, I'd be sleep a long ass time :p

Nice to see you having fun and relaxing!!

Gotta Run..... said...

Please tell me you have enjoyed a run in Central Park!!!! Have I missed this report.

Looks like you are enjoying your trip. I am sure that David and Grace miss you bunches!

Jason The Running Man said...

Glad your having a good time! Cool pics.

David said...

Hey, remember us? Your family? When you are finished having fun, feel free to come back home. Thanks. :-p

Glad you are having fun, and stay safe!

Nikki said...

LOL David! I'm sure she misses you tonnes!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are having fun in NYC...but who's keeping David in line???

Lori said...

I love NYC, too! Sounds like you are having a great time and good job on keeping up with your exercise!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Have fun in NYC, make sure u get a slice of Pizza, yummy!!

Michelle said...

Are you still in NYC?? That is one place I want to visit before I die. Sounds like you're having a blast!!!