Back in the game (hopefully)

Happy Friday!!!!

I've been babying my shins like crazy lately. Icing them almost every night for around 30 min. I've also been trying to make sure I stretch well after running.

I really hope I'm back to running. We'll see within the next few days, for sure. Yesterday here in Greenville, our temps rised to about 70 degrees, probably record high for this time of the year. I had to quickly get out the door for 4 miles. Honestly, I can't tell you the last time I've ran 4 miles consistenly. Isn't that sad? The shins were fine during the run. Now, I just need to re-work on my aerobic engine. Even though I was slow (and this time my last mile was my slowest), I felt great to not have the pain. If all goes well in the next week and a half and I can successfully run, I'm going to sign up for the Myrtle Beach Half-Marathon, for the 3rd yr. :-)

This morning (early in the morning), Grace, the ninja, showed up in our bed in the middle of the night. She woke this morning after sleeping on David's arm all evening to a knot in her neck. After an hr of babying her, and massaging her neck, we thought she'd be okay. She was turning her head and seemed just stressed about the morning. Well, I got a call at 3:30pm saying she was still not feeling well. The Dr. said that other than the muscular issue, she seemed to be coming down with something, a small fever. So, she has been milking this ALL evening. Things like "can you walk me to the bathroom?", "help me sit up". Come on.... We're letting her milk it. After all, she had a rough day. Hopefully, she'll be better when she wakes up tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, we have a busy weekend. Hopefully, our lousy internet service gets fixed in the morning (for really reals this time). We need to finish shopping, and I want to do a 6 miler.

Have a great weekend, Ya'll!

7 comments:

Carolina John said...

that's wild! Ella (our 3 yr old) crawled into bed with us last night too. we've got some family in town and didn't have enough bed space. I spent most of the night with her in the small of my back worried that i was going to roll over and crush her, or at least wake her up.

We've got teh company christmas party in atlanta tonight, and we'll be back in town tomorrow. i'm up for 1.5 hours at donaldson, you want to meet at 3 pm? we'll be back from atl by then, and the babies will be asleep.

I've never ridden donaldson before, so i have no idea where to meet. call or email babyfishmouth@worldnet.att.net with where you want to meet up after you talk with your friend. I'm really looking forward to it!

I did all my bike training for the greenville sprint this year on a stationary, and bought my first road bike aug 3 (the tri was aug 17), so i'm really a newbie on the bike. can't wait!

Unknown said...

Fingers crossed that the internet gets fixed

Jess said...

Hope your shin issues are gone for good and you can permanently return to running!

J~Mom said...

Glad you are back!! I hope the shins hold up to your half mary training. Are you training for a half mary? ;>)

Shannon said...

Hope her neck is feeling better. Shin pain sucks! I hope that's feeling better too. :)

Unknown said...

I hope all goes well with the running.

Kevin said...

Good to hear that your shins are doing good. I have been lucky so far not to have any problems with ATT. I love the pic of David in his cocktail pants from your last post