I had soooo many people ask me if my "sickness" last week was due to being preggo. I can, fo sho, say that No, I'm not pregnant. I must have caught something down in Charleston. I was sick from Mon-Wed, then Thursday I started feeling better only to get nausea again Thursday night. I went to the Dr. Friday and got 3 days of antibiotics that nipped that sickness in the bud. I had either food poisoning or gastrointestinal bacteria type infection stuff. Whatev. I’m over it, and started to feel a lot better on Sunday.
I obviously didn’t have the energy to workout and felt the need to jump on the workout train Monday. I am still not running (see post) so I went to the gym Monday night and did the Elliptical for 33:00, then got in the pool . I honestly didn’t know what to expect with either distance and/or speed, so I just swam and counted my laps. I figured that when I got tired, I’d quit. I ended up doing 2200yds (1.25 miles), and still felt that I could keep trucking along. But, it was already 8pm, and I had not had any supper yet, so I left feeling great! My pace was the same as it has been for my 1500yd swims, so I know I have some endurance with it, but just need to start doing drills again.
Yesterday, friend and I went for a speed walk type thingy. I so felt like I should have been running instead, but it was a nice time and something I need to do right now.
I’m the jerk David mentioned into talking him into doing the RnR Half in Va Beach labor day weekend, and now I’m bailing because of this shin I have. Why can’t I just have it replaced? Anyhoo, on a whim and because of an email we got from Gman the other night, AND because the Kiawah half/marathon closes so freaking fast –we both signed up for the race. I, however only signed up for the Half. Mr I-hate-running-,-running-is-the-devil David signed up for the Mary. That's okay, David Tiff and I will have your after-race beverages for you, since you'll still be on the course. :-)
Other tiny stuff going on right now:
- Grace has become little miss slim “lady” lately, wearing a sweater jacking inside the house because she’s “cold”. Not only that, having to wear the hoodie too. Here she is with her PJ's on and the jacket.
- I got to see some great friends I’ve known my entire adult life (and when were were nutso teens) the other night, with all our kiddos. We agreed we need a night without the kids so we’re going to see a chic flick tomorrow night. Woo hoo!
- I’m still semi-icing/heating my shins still. We’ll see how it all goes soon.
- I bailed out on the push-up challenge due to the crappola I had last week, but I fully intend to start it again this week.
- Grace got a haircut this past weekend – not just “a” haircut, but her very first Haircut. She now keeps saying “don’t buckle my haircut up”, while buckling her in her car seat. Funny little girl.
- We finally got a storage unit to store all of our excess junk and stuff from the house to declutter it to make it look like no one lives in it - to get it ready for selling. Great timing too - HS football season is about to begin. Why, you say - I say this? I'll tell ya (in my best sarcastic tone), because we live directly beside the stadium. That's such a good selling point. Anyway, it was a step that has pushed us to get it finally ready to list. Hopefully VERY soon.
- I’m stoked – my bike is on the back of ride right now waiting patiently for me. I’m heading out of the parking lot here at work for a nice ride with my buddy, then I hope to do a
run walk. That is, as long as the weather holds up for us.
- Lastly, but certainly not least - The Greenville sprint is coming up and I have no idea what to do with regards to my stress fracture. I can do the swim and the bike course, but I’m not really allowed to run and don't want to go backwards with this injury/pain I have. Help me, bloggin’ buddies.
On to finish up some stuff here at work. Hump day to us is Mexican night, and Target shopping - so hopefully after that, I can read some blogs.
Have a terrific Wednesday!