Heads or tails?


That was the question when David and I were deciding on whether to do the 5K or not. Setting was the enclosed porch at our friend's house, with 2 other couples, a bucket of ice with beers, snacks, chicken, green beans, rice, rolls, etc, etc. Our friend, Tommy, got a nickel (no quarter to find), and Dee called "heads - go, tails - stay". It was flipped 3 times, and tails WON! We totally blew off the race.

Now, give us some crap for it!!!

Really, we had cookout plans at our friends house at 6:30, 4 couples total. We had our stuff ready, running gear on, had already picked up our race packets at 5:00 from the hotel, bagel and bananas to take to the cookout (for our pre-race snack). Not long after being in the comfortable home and back porch, we started feeling the desire to stay and hang out, instead of splitting after shortly arriving.

We wasted 20 bucks on a race we never did, however, the time we had was far better! Sure, I really think I could've PR'ed the race, in fact that was my plan. The last 5K I did was in January, and if I may say so, I have come a LONG way since then. Even with the challenging hills, I would have done WELL, as I practiced running that hill several times. I was determined. Goal was 26:00 flat. So, I plan on doing the course exactly like they did it soon, and time it. But, still NO REGRETS. Now, we just need to return our chips to the race peeps...

The guys played Bocce for quite sometime. They were like little children out there, having a great time!

We left their house late, returned home and unfortunately I had homework for my class. As tired as I was, I finished it and turned in, falling asleep with SNL on.

Today after Church, I went to get munchkin' and took her to the My Little Pony Show. She loved it, and out of all the gifts at the counter to choose from, she chose a pink pony soccer ball. We really think she's going to be an athlete. Yesterday at the birthday party, she was throwing the football. Anyhoo.. here's some pics of Grace at the Pony show.

Getting ready for the show.


In awe...


A little sleepy....


Playing with a co-worker's daughter...




Have a wonderful evening all!

11 comments:

Jess said...

Sometimes hanging out with friends is more important than a PR, and you'll get that done in your next planned race anyway. I like the pic of you two in your race bibs and beers: that's awesome!

Wes said...

A new PR :-) I luv it!!!

J~Mom said...

Wha the? Why you lazy dorks!!!

Just kidding you of course!!!!! Sounds like you had a fun time! Sometimes it's nice to chill without the kiddos. :>) I love the pic of the two of you in your bibs. Too cute!

The My Little Pony Show looks fun indeed! My dd would have loved it a few years ago! She still has her ponies. *sigh*

Neese said...

oh how bad do you all suck!? lol kidding, who'd want to run at 9pm when you are knee deep in a bbq and beers! not me! :o) good flip, you probably didn't want to be running for a PR after a few brews anyway!

Marcy said...

OMFG I'm SERIOUSLY LMAO!!! HAHAHHAHAHAAA You guys crack me up!! Did you wear your bibs the whole time too? I LOVE IT!! And I TOTALLY would've done the same thing! It was $20 well spent ;-)

Awwhhhh you guys look SO cute!! David, what are you drinking? LOL I can't see. I bet Jess will know that far away :P

Grace looks adorable! Cute dress! My youngest has the same one, except it's Tommy

Neese said...

P.S. Grace is SO cute!!! :)

David said...

Marcy, that's a Moretti beer. Italian, and pretty decent. I wore my bib the whole night, and we actually did a few laps around the back yard, while I said "K" 5 times. So, technically, we ran for 5 K's. :-)

rxervin said...

Cute! You're so funny. Gawsh, I miss ya!

I've been a very lazy blogger, sorry. Just posted today, check it out.

sunshine said...

I love it! But seriously, did you really need to flip a coin to decide between a bucket of ice cold beer or a race!?!?!

Or was it just the need to justify the fact that you chose a bucket of ice cold beer over a race? "Well, we just can't run the race now because the nickle said we can't... Darn it." :)

Gotta Run..... said...

You made a good call even though your BIGGEST supporters where going to be there!!! You know we forgive you!!!

Cold beer with great friends would be a hard one for anyone to pass up.

You can PR are the next one.... you have worked had and would have no problem doing this.

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Good Beer, Good Friends.....5k...I can see the winner without the coin, good choice...Priceless decision....