Are we sold?

Yesterday was an boring workout day. Just some quick laps in the pool, cause it was busy with all the swimming lessons going on.
500yds - 14:04

Our marathon training group met up on tuesday evening to discuss various training programs. We are going off of what Robin gave me and the FIRST plan, which is basically the same. We are going to take it a week at a time with the plans, cause we are actually all on different levels... with myself being the slowest one. And one of our group members is wanting to do many 20 milers, not just 2 like some of us. Almost all of us are doing the candlelight 5K saturday evening and will discuss a long run for sunday. I don't think anyone is planning an 8 like I am, but we'll see. I also have to switch Church services for nursery with someone in order to get in my mileage. Anyhoo... We're meeting monday night on the track for speed work. Should be fun! (yeah, right)


The company I am employed by is up for sale, and has been for a few months. So, I get this email this afternoon for a "mandatory department meeting" tomorrow at 4:00pm. So, are we sold? I don't know... but, guess I'll find out then. I am a little worried about my job, as I enjoy what I do, where I work, etc. So, I feel like sitting on the couch all evening with a beer in my hand, and of course reading my economics book. (blah) Was planning a 5-miler... we'll see., but I doubt it. If I bail tonight, I have to do it tomororw morning before work. Just not feeling it....

til morrow...

9 comments:

J~Mom said...

My DH's company was sold this past year and I know how nerve wracking the whole process can be! I hope all is well!

I like the part about sitting on the couch all evening...LOL

J~Mom said...

PS What kind of church do you guys go to? I have to do nursery duty every 6 weeks. It's not my favorite but it works to get your Sundays in church without the little tyke. :>)

Marcy said...

Whoooaaaaa "many 20 milers" is that overkill? I'd take just 2, thanks! I've never been in a marathon training group (hell I haven't even done a marathon LOL) but is there a lot of pressure to go with the group and their pace, etc . .? Like, if you want to do 12 miles and everyone else wants to do 17, do you have to go with the crowd? I think it's cool though, at least you aren't alone! Running that many miles can probably get lonely after awhile.

(((HUGS))) on the possible company selling bit. Stuff like that is nerve racking! Hopefully all will be well tomorrow at the meeting :-) Kick back and enjoy your beer!!

David said...

Seems like it's becomming a major part of the career path of the IT professional to go through outsourcing or complete dissolution of the organization. And the really tough part is the constant worry about it happening by surprise, which Mendy and I have both been going through since we left Active Duty in the Navy.

I'm sure this isn't bad news, however. And for every seemingly closed door, God will offer us a new direction to grow. If only we were good enough to be professional athletes! :-p

Jason The Running Man said...

It was nice working with ya! No kidding I'm sure it will be fine...for a while anyway! Looking forward to Saturday night!

sunshine said...

Hey, hope the afternoon meeting went well and you're secure there! Here in Michigan, we wonder if we'll have a job the next day everyday. :)

Jess said...

Hopefully the work meeting goes well and everything is smooth sailing for your job.

And good luck to you as well on the 5K tomorrow night!

Gotta Run..... said...

WOW... when I spoke with you this morning I had not read your entire blog. Why wait until 4pm???? Hope it is not to long of a day for you!!

Congrats on running your tempo this morning. GO MENDY!!! Great times too.

Looking forward to cheering you on tomorrow.

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Hope your meeting goes well. I agree with too many 20 milers, yuck, hooey and all that nasty stuff. I would go with the group...the crowd, only until they are ready to talk you into jumping off the cliff with them, then just turn around and run back to the start on your own. The race has to be your race anyway, listen to your body and just use the group as your sounding board and overall barometer to bounce things off of when you need questions answered, just hope the answer from them isn't "let's go run a 20 miler". Have fun...isn't that the bottom line?